- Web address: Bitfinex
- Support contact: Link
- Main location: British Virgin Islands
- Daily volume: 7961 BTC
- Mobile app available: Yes
- Is decentralized: No
- Parent Company: iFinex Inc
- Transfer types: Bank Transfer, Crypto Transfer
- Supported fiat: USD, EUR, GBP, JPY
- Supported pairs: 232
- Has token: -
- Fees: Low (Compare rates)
- A wide range of services, trade pairs, and order types
- Low trading and withdrawal fees
- Very easy to use
- Only for professional crypto-traders
- Has suffered a couple of high-profile hacks
- Takes a long time to verify an account.
Why Should You Use Bitfinex
- Exchange Trading. Central limit order books where users can deposit, trade, and withdraw digital tokens.
- Margin Trading. Qualified users can trade with up to 3.3x leverage by receiving funding the margin funding platform.
- Margin Funding. The P2P financing market which allows users to earn interest by lending funds to other users who trade with leverage.
- OTC Desk. Bitfinex allows traders to deal directly with each other without having to go through public order books.
- Ability to buy cryptocurrencies using credit or debit cards. Bitfinex allows traders to buy cryptocurrencies using third-party payment processors OWNR and Mercuryo.
Bitfinex Fees Review
|Value of trade||Maker fee||Taker fee|
|>$3 000 million||0.0%||0.075%|
|>$30 000 million||0.0%||0.055%|
|Currency||Small deposit fee|
|Bitcoin (BTC)||0.0008 BTC|
|Ethereum (ETH)||0.01 ETH|
|Litecoin (LTC)||0.001 LTC|
|Monero (XMR)||0.04 XMR|
|Dash (DASH)||0.01 DASH|
|Ripple (XRP)||0.02 XRP|
|Currency||Bitfinex withdrawal fee||HitBTC withdrawal fee||Kraken withdrawal fee|
|Bitcoin (BTC)||0.0004 BTC||0.0015 BTC||0.0005 BTC|
|Ethereum (ETH)||0.0009 ETH||0.00958 ETH||0.005 ETH|
|Litecoin (LTC)||0.001 LTC||0.003 LTC||0.001 LTC|
|Monero (XMR)||0.0001 XMR||0.09 XMR||0.0001 XMR|
|Dash (DASH)||0.01 DASH||0.03 DASH||0.005 DASH|
|Ripple (XRP)||0.02 XRP||0.02 XRP||0.02 XRP|
- Detects IP address changes in case of sessions hijacks
- Sends notifications and permits account freezes in case of suspicious activity
- Can limit account access and withdrawals to selected IP addresses
- Tracks behavioral patterns and trigger manual inspections on unusual withdrawals
- Uses PGP email encryption for malware immune withdrawal confirmation process
- Automatically backs up databases daily
- Automatically encrypts and duplicates backup data
- Updates software and Linux systems regularly
Bitfinex Ease Of Use
Bitfinex Deposit And Withdrawal Methods
How To Open An Account On Bitfinex
- Bitfinex is a platform tailored for professional traders.
- There’s a 6 to 8 weeks KYC verification window before a user can use functions of fiat deposits and withdrawals.
- In the future, Bitfinex plans to enact an inactivity fee, discouraging users from keeping their funds on the exchange.